Sunday, March 31, 2013

LAST WEEK

The last lacrosse head that I strung was done with a pita pocket.  This is similar to traditional but is a small variation.  The little difference though made it so much easier to string though.  Don't take me wrong, it was still very time consuming and a pain but it was a lot more relaxed and I could leave it and take a break.  This is due to the fact that the pita pocket is made up of five parts.  This means that you are able to do one and take a break, whereas with traditional you have to do it all in one sitting.  The fact that I was able to get up and take a break was a huge help because I wasn't constantly frustrated as I was with the traditional head.  It was also less of a pain because at most I was pulling through 6 feet of crosslace compared to the ten yards I was pulling through with the traditional head.  This helped to keep me from getting mad because I never threw the head because the rope got tangled.  It also made it quicker because each loop didn't take a couple of minutes of pulling string through.  What I also liked about the pita pocket was the fact that I could see the pocket while I was stinging the head because I did the middle first.  This made it a lot easier to know what I had to do than with the traditional where I had no idea what the pocket would look like.  One thing that was a pain though was finding out how long all of the strings had to be because none of my resources really touched upon it.  It's meant that I cut big pieces to make sure they'd work and cut it down on the copy on the opposite side.  I really shouldn't be complaining though, as I did do traditional last week and the crosslace I was pulling through was
I mainly relied on the help of a video by Weston from Colorado who makes a living stringing heads.  This video was helpful because I could see everything he was doing and mimic him.  He was also very informative in what he said while stringing.  These details combine made a huge difference, and mad it immensely easier to follow the process than any pictures or literature on the topic could have.  All that I wish is that I had seen his tutorial on traditional stringing while I did it because it would have helped my cause greatly.  As I stated last week I also used laxallstar.com for some help, as it is very informative with detailed instructions, and also has pictures as demonstrations, but I did mainly use the YouTube video made by Weston from Colorado for the majority mainly because the fact that he was doing everything infront of me so that I knew how to do every detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment