Friday, March 1, 2013

Week 2

           This week was mainly devoted to research.  I worked to find sources and instructions on how to string may different ways.  I found sources for Stringing with mesh, stringing traditional, and stringing many custom styles.  These sources can come in handy all throughout the project as good ways to start, but I will still need further sources for every different style as I may learn that I need something better or different when I go about trying it.  I have also decided to combine styles as to maximize or fix what other people have had.  Many of the techniques have details that may make the mesh, or center pocket part, lopsided.  If this were to happen then the ball would come out differently based on different situations.  For example, one that it strung in a direction with knots going to the left may pull the ball to the left.  All though this may not be a major issue when throwing the ball righty, when throwing the ball left this may become an problem.
          I also waited until the end of the week to string my first head and will be doing so tonight and over the weekend.  This is due to the fact that I will be restringing my main stick (the one I always use) and, as this was the first week of lacrosse, it was important that I kept things the same all week.  I am stringing a specialty soft mesh for attack which has mini diamond.  This mesh, called micro mesh is very difficult to string for the reason that there are so many more parts to attach to the head.  the thing about this mesh is it is one type that I have never tried.  I will try to string it with a similar style as regular mesh but skipping more diamonds.  This will be a nice challenge and I am wonder How it will turn out.  When I am done I will post pictures on the blog of all of the angles including top string, sidewalls, pocket and shooters.  Until then I will be working on making it.
*Sources are at the bottom of the page and commented on pages are to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment